PEUGEOT Automobiles Australia takes protection of your privacy seriously. We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988 and all other applicable laws governing privacy. [Where appropriate, we will handle personal information relying on the related bodies corporate exemption and the employee records exemption in the Privacy Act.]
We have put in place processes and policies to help to ensure that:
- you are informed about how we use the personal information we collect about you;
- you can access and modify your personal details in accordance with applicable privacy laws; and
- your personal details are kept secure when we store or process it.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE COLLECT IT?
In order to understand our customers and prospective customers better we collect information through different methods, including such as from our PEUGEOT dealers when you purchase a vehicle or have your vehicle repaired, from you directly when you provide information by telephone, in documents such as “change of owner details” forms or via our internet site (in requests for brochures etc), or from competition entry forms or marketing surveys.
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold about you will depend on the circumstances of collection, including whether we collect the information from you as a customer, dealer, supplier, contractor, job applicant or in some other capacity.
This information may include for example your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, licence number, and vehicle details as well as search items and saved searches from your user journey when interacting on the website.
HOW DO WE STORE AND USE YOUR INFORMATION?
All your personal information will be stored by PEUGEOT Automobiles Australia on a dedicated database. We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and is kept secure to prevent unauthorised access.
PEUGEOT (including its related bodies corporate) collects personal information for a range of purposes relating to the products and services it offers. For example:
- if you are a prospective purchaser of a PEUGEOT vehicle, we use the information you provide to us to fulfil your request. For example, it may be passed to appropriate third party suppliers such as a PEUGEOT appointed Dealer to fulfil your request for a test drive;
- if you are a PEUGEOT owner we will use your data to provide you with important safety information and to manage your vehicle warranty. We may also use your data to measure the performance of PEUGEOT Automobiles Australia or your PEUGEOT Dealer (through customer surveys if you participate in them);
- for product development and market research;
- to meet our regulatory and legal obligations.
Unless you indicate that you do not wish us to contact you, we may also contact you from time to time with product updates, special offers, event invitations and the PEUGEOT newsletter. You can specify the type of communication you are willing to receive from PEUGEOT Automobiles Australia, and by which communication channel, by contacting our Customer Experience Team at the contact details below. You can notify us of your wish to cease receiving such communications at any time by contacting our Customer Experience Team. You can also contact your PEUGEOT Dealer to let them know what your preferences are about communication from them.
HOW DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information may be passed to third party suppliers as part of our business processes, such as:
- Our appointed dealers;
- Outsourced service providers who manage services we provide to you including: Roadside assistance,
- Customer or market research,
- Financial services and insurance, and
- Mailing systems and direct marketing; and
- Government, regulatory and law enforcement authorities and organisations, such as required or authorised by law
- Our related companies
- Automobiles PEUGEOT
- Some of our service providers, companies in the Inchcape Group and PSA Groupe are located overseas including France and UK, As a result, personal information collected and held by us may be transferred overseas
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may charge an access fee to cover the reasonable cost of retrieving the information and supplying it to you.
Access to personal information may be refused in a number of circumstances, such as where the information relates to anticipated legal proceedings or the request for access is frivolous or vexatious. If we deny or restrict your access, we will explain why.